Lutheran Church of the Cross was started in 1959 with several families. The new congregation was helped financially by several congregations. The church was incorporated under the name Lutheran Church of the Cross (ELCA) in 1964. We have had four pastors in our 50+ year history.
LCC is a small but mighty congregation. In 1975 a new educational building was dedicated. In 1999 LCC added additional classrooms, cosmetic improvements and American Disabilities Act compliance. In December 2005 the majority of the renovation was completed.
Pastor Philip Reimers started as our fourth pastor in 2005 and has helped us grow in faith, stewardship and numbers. During his call to LCC we joined a new synod, Lutheran Congregations in Mission for Christ (LCMC).